Advice for laying
Terres Cuites de Raujolles accompany you in your project
If you need advice or you need assistance with your project donot hesitate to contact us.
You will find below a list of the most frequently asked questions :
How much adhesive will I need per sq meter ?
• You will need approximately 5 kg per sq meter of Monoflex soft white mortar ref PRB or similar product.
How much grouting is needed per sq meter ?
• Approximately 2 kg per sq meter for 5mm joints.
What colour grouting should I choose ?
• For the red, sand, pinkish or antique-coloured terracotta tiles we advise you to use the cream grout « Tibet » ref PRB or similar.
• For the brown sienna terracotta tiles use the brown sienna grout ref PRB or similar unless you want contrasting joints, in which case use the cream grout « Tibet »
What size should the joints be ?
• We advise 5mm width.
How can I maintain my terracotta floor tiles ?
• We advise polishing with colourless beeswax ref CTC. To further protect your floor you should use a polisher.
• For daily care of the floor tiles use a linseed-oil based concentrated soap specially made for terracotta
To view our "advice for laying terracotta tiles" pages click on the link below :
To see our product implementation for terracotta, click on the tab below :
What sort of surface should they be fixed to ?
• Glazed or natural ceramics can be fixed to all types of surface : plasterboard, brick, old tiles etc…
How much adhesive do I need per sq meter ?
• If the surface is flat you need 4 kg per sq meter. We advise you to use white paste adhesive ref PRB or a similar product.
How much grout do I need per sq meter ?
• Approximately1,5 kg per meter for joints of 3 to 4 mm. We advise you to use the waterproof grout ref PRB or a similar product.
How should I choose the colour of the joints ?
• We offer 5 different colours : white, cream, Porquerolles (yellow), grey, and graphite. To choose the colour best suited follow the dominant colour of your ceramics.
How do I clean my ceramics ?
• You can use all the usual domestic cleaning products.
To view our "advice for laying ceramics" pages click on the link below :
To see our product implementation for ceramics, click on the tab below :