The hardscape area around your swimming pool is called a surround, deck, or decking. Traditionally, most in-ground swimming pool decks are made of terracotta.
Pool decks and paved surfaces in the yard such as paths, patios, or steps are functional landscaping elements, adding usable space, creating a smooth transition from one area to another, and covering bare dirt.
When it is near or surrounds a pool or spa, decking creates a frame while providing a safe path around its edge. If backyard space allows, the deck can be enlarged to accommodate poolside furniture for relaxing or dining.
Why choosing terracotta as deck material ?
- Durable, easy to maintain
- Feels good underfoot and doesn't get too warm when the temperatures rise
- Doesn't become slippery when wet
- Resistant to algae, mold, chemicals and frost
- Blends well with other paved or hardscaped areas in your yard