Terres Cuites de Raujolles accompany you in your project
If you need advice or you need assistance with your project donot hesitate to contact us.
You will find below a list of the most frequently asked questions :
How much adhesive will I need per sq meter ?
• You will need approximately 5 kg per sq meter of Monoflex soft white mortar ref PRB or similar product.
How much grouting is needed per sq meter ?
• Approximately 2 kg per sq meter for 5mm joints.
What colour grouting should I choose ?
• For the red, sand, pinkish or antique-coloured terracotta tiles we advise you to use the cream grout « Tibet » ref PRB or similar.
• For the brown sienna terracotta tiles use the brown sienna grout ref PRB or similar unless you want contrasting joints, in which case use the cream grout « Tibet »
What size should the joints be ?
• We advise 5mm width.
How can I maintain my terracotta floor tiles ?
• We advise polishing with colourless beeswax ref CTC. To further protect your floor you should use a polisher.
• For daily care of the floor tiles use a linseed-oil based concentrated soap specially made for terracotta
To view our "advice for laying terracotta tiles" pages click on the link below :
To see our product implementation for terracotta, click on the tab below :
What sort of surface should they be fixed to ?
• Glazed or natural ceramics can be fixed to all types of surface : plasterboard, brick, old tiles etc…
How much adhesive do I need per sq meter ?
• If the surface is flat you need 4 kg per sq meter. We advise you to use white paste adhesive ref PRB or a similar product.
How much grout do I need per sq meter ?
• Approximately1,5 kg per meter for joints of 3 to 4 mm. We advise you to use the waterproof grout ref PRB or a similar product.
How should I choose the colour of the joints ?
• We offer 5 different colours : white, cream, Porquerolles (yellow), grey, and graphite. To choose the colour best suited follow the dominant colour of your ceramics.
How do I clean my ceramics ?
• You can use all the usual domestic cleaning products.
To view our "advice for laying ceramics" pages click on the link below :
To see our product implementation for ceramics, click on the tab below :